In these days when the gas prices are going up day by day, if you need a vehicle which is tough enough to accomplish your challenging transportation needs and minimize your fuel expenses at the same time, you should think of Mini Trucks from Japan. Mini Trucks also called Kei trucks – are compact trucks powered by a 550cc or 660 cc engine. Daihatsu, Mitsubishi, Subaru, Suzuki, and Honda are the main mini-truck makers from Japan.
In Japan, you can find mini trucks plying on roads for transporting goods, in big cities like Tokyo, as well as in remote villages up in the mountains. These compact mini-trucks could be used for a great number of purposes such as farm vehicles, maintenance vehicles on school grounds, golf courses, ship yards, factory warehouses, camping grounds, flower nurseries, ranches and amusement parks.
There are numerous advantages of using these Japanese Kei trucks.
- Because of their compact size, they can travel to locations which can not be accessed by larger vehicles.
- They are fuel efficient, economical, and easy to maintain.
- They have a high degree of maneuverability, so can be effectively used to navigate narrow streets in crowded cities as well as in the countryside.
Typically a mini truck from Japan would have specifications as follows
- Weight: 0.75 ton (1600 lb)
- Dimensions: Width 1.4 m (4² 6³), Height 1.7 m (5² 8³) and Length 3.2 m (10² 6³)
- Payload capacity: 0.55 ton (1200 lb)
- Engine: 3 cylinder 660 cc (45HP) or 550 cc (40HP), Gasoline engine liquid cooled
- Drive: Four Wheel (4WD)
- Transmission: 4 or 5 speed
- Speed: Up to 80 Km/hr (50 MPH)
- Average: 17 km/liter (40 miles per gallon)
Mini Trucks from Japan have become very popular imports in the United States and Canada as a solution for off-road transportation needs. Import rules are relaxed for these vehicles because of their versatility. In these countries, these compact trucks are typically used on farms, ranches and hunting grounds.
The most popular Kei truck models from Japan are Subaru Sambar, Honda Acty, Suzuki Carry, Daihatsu Hijet and Mitsubishi Minicab. I f you are interested in importing these Japanese mini trucks, we can find suitable vehicles to match your requirements. If you have a large requirement, we can ship these trucks in containers offering you the benefit of savings in cost and freight.